Dream. Dare. Do – that is Suyati’s work principle in a nutshell.
In my previous blog post I introduced the pros and cons of DO.com. Go ahead and read it, and come back to this blog where I explore how to use DO.com via a sample project.
How do I start?
Lets walkthrough a basic project / task management and try to use our imagination as to see what we can use this platform for.
– First visit https://do.com/ and sign up for your personal do.com account, this is where we manage our projects and tasks with the specified group of people
– There are two ways of signing up, you can sign up with your personal ID or use your Google Apps ID if you have one.
You’ll see the following screen
You’ll notice on the left hand side there are a couple of things that look interesting
Step 1: Create a project
During your 1st login you might have created a project and some dummy tasks. If you skipped those steps, then create a new project, by clicking on the project and ”create new project”
Once the project is created, we get a detail UI where more tasks can be created. But before that, a quick note about the project tabs
There are 3 tabs:
1) Tasks shows a list of tasks for current project, you can create new tasks, Subscribe to the list on your calendar, or create a new section to organize the tasks for logical separation.
2) Activity, This tab reminds me of chatter.com feed, this acts as a similar news feed for the project and changes to the list of tasks
3) Attachments, obvious enough, is a tab to keep track of the attachments your members posted in the project
Step 2: Create tasks
Now that we have a project, we need to create some Tasks. Navigate to Tasks and click on create Task button
The creation page collects some basic info
Do.com users may invite colleagues, friends and family to tasks regardless of whether those contacts are Do.com users. Invite your members and if he/she is already invited, name is available to select on the dropdown. I’m not going into the details and will leave it to your imagination to fill out the rest of the task details
Things to Note:
I hope I have whetted your appetite for DO.com with this blog. The best feature of DO.com is its ability to integrate intimately with salesforce.com. But more of that in my next blog!
About the Author
At 22, Shivanath Devinarayanan is Suyati’s youngest software developer. Another hard-core “techie”, Shiv is famous for his encyclopedic knowledge of multiple cuisines (you name it and he knows it!). And that is just the tip of the ice-berg! You want advise on the latest laptops and cell phones? The current fashion trends? Famous restaurants in and around Kerala? Shiv is the person to talk to! You can also mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, his services do not come free of cost!