Head to the right IT destination for European SMEs
- SAP, IBM, Oracle and Microsoft, employ more staff in India than in any other country.
- TCS, Infosys and Wipro are working with several hundred thousand employees primarily for the non-Indian market.
- The population of India is about 1.2 billion, with an average age of 25.3 years (in Germany the average age is about 43.8 years).
- In 2009, approximately total of 14 million students in 300 Indian universities..
- Every year, 200,000 IT workers graduate from Indian universities. Lack of talent? No, not in India!
But outsourcing to India is not all about cost arbitrage. The term “dumping-wage country” is no longer valid. More and more Indian companies realise that they can offer their employees competitive salaries and social benefits, without necessarily losing their competitiveness.
Although a “Fair Trade” label is not available for services yet, European companies can outsource to India by choosing the right business partner, without any objections.
When outsourcing IT projects, it is very important to select a company with excellent facilities and infrastructure. Here too, India has proven her worth as a strong partner. Modern IT parks and complexes in India are equipped with facilities comparable to European standards. For instance, Infopark (http://www.infopark.in/) is an outstanding IT complex based in Kochi, South India.
Several intelligent companies have already seen that India is the ideal location for their IT projects. They all share a concept: their employees in India are part of an equal, virtual team, sharing work across time zones and continents, while creating innovative IT solutions.
The IT Support and BPO industry in India is yesterday’s news, while outsourcing sophisticated IT projects is the present reality. With abundant skilled talent (with great communication skills in English),over 15 years of experience in working for global companies, and a strong work ethic, India has never been this prepared to shell out the best IT vendor support for sourced services.