Getting acquainted with Sitefinity Connectors
Sitefinity, an award winning Web Content Management System offers the capability to integrate with other systems, improving and personalising the experience for each customer in a highly targeted manner. Currently, connectors to SharePoint, Salesforce and Marketo (to name a few) are present in the market. Let’s understand connectors in details.
Types of Sitefinity Connectors
Connectors for Marketo
Marketo is one of the best in market automation tools and with this integration, it can now connect with the best in CMS – Sitefinity. This integration allows the following capabilities:
- Integrating web forms for scoring and events: Because the Sitefinity web CMS and Marketo is connected, you can now define if the web form must add to the lead score or if it should trigger a workflow in Marketo. You can also copy and reuse existing forms and modify their properties for Marketo, based on the goal of the marketing campaign.
- Enabling website tracking with just a click: This connector enables the user to paste the Marketo tracking code in a central place so that it can be applied to all website pages. Thus, you can go to Marketo and define the lead score and type of every page.
- Integrating custom forms and logic: Many companies have specific logic built into their custom forms. What the Sitefinity™ web CMS will do is intercept this information from the custom form and send it to Marketo.
- Unique and personal experience through every marketing channel: The connector allows you to use any contact field in Marketo (for example, leads scoring, company size etc.) to personalise the website experience for each customer – and the best part – this is done real time. This ensures a consistent brand experience across all channels.
“Providing a uniform experience through all marketing channels is important for any brand, and this is provided by Sitefinity connectors”
Connectors for Salesforce
Salesforce is a global industry leader whose expertise in client relationship management is peerless. Integrating with Sitefinity allows for several new possibilities:
- Integrating web forms with your CRM contacts: Your website is being visited by thousands of people on a daily basis, maybe hourly, depending on the popularity. However, it’s a tough task to convert these visitors to probable leads and prospects, making them a part of your sales funnel. By integrating the data from the Web form (from your CMS) with CRM, you have a way to capture the address and other demographic information such as name, e –mail, etc.. With Sitefinity CMS Connector for Salesforce, you can automatically fill web form, creating a new record in the CRM database.
- Segmenting the visitors using CRM data: Your website is likely to get either existing clients or new leads, either to seek content from your site or to access their personal account. It is important to segment leads and clients, and not fair to treat them similarly. With this Sitefinity CMS Connector for Salesforce, you can link client information from CRM with client and lead user roles from CMS. This will enable your website to provide a much better and sensible experience for your customers.
- Personalising the customer experience: Once you’ve populated your Salesforce CRM database with leads and contacts, you can segment these into groups. These groups can then be populated into the CMS database as users. With this connector, your CRM groups will become Sitefinity users, and they will be able to log onto your website and access appropriate content that has been personalized for them.
“With Sitefinity Connectors for Salesforce, segmentation becomes easier – hence enabling a personalised experience for your visitors”
Connectors for SharePoint
SharePoint is a web application platform for Microsoft Office server suite. Sitefinity Connectors for SharePoint allows a two-way integration between them, which allows the following:
- Any Mobile Strategy Works: You can use any device-agnostic or device-specific approach to publish your assets to any device. You can deliver your content in two ways:
- Via the hybrid mobile app that Sitefinity builds for you
- By aligning the Sitefinity pages dynamically through the built-in responsive design engine.
- Easy Drag and Drop Interface: With Sitefinity’s page editor, you can easily drag and drop layouts and widgets onto a page, to display your SharePoint content, thanks to its user friendly UI. You can also edit the widgets through a guided interface that produces content consistent with the website’s design.
- Allows for Different Designs: Sitefinity gives you the freedom to edit and design your website – it gives you complete control over your website’s HTML mark up. Each page in Sitefinity is based on a template, and these templates have editable regions that authors can use. In fact, even the location of these regions is under your control.
- Allows two-way integration: The Sitefinity connector allows for a two-way integration between the two systems, hence enabling digital assets to be edited from both ends. What that means is that this link is going to improve the standalone features of each – the content authoring experience in SharePoint and the page design flexibility and mobile content delivery of Telerik Sitefinity.