Customer engagement plays a vital role in any business. With the evolution of smartphones and internet playing a major role in our lives today, customer behavior has witnessed lot of changes. Organizations need to respond to these changes by implementing online customer engagement facilities.
Customers are able to access the information, track or share them wherever they are and whenever they want. Hence, it is vital that business firms connect with their customers through their mobile devices to build their relationship and retain them.
To engage effectively with the customers through mobile apps, care should be taken to choose the right app. The following three steps will give a basic idea:
Step 1: Research to know the preferences and likes of your target customers.
Step 2: Choose the right mobile technology and design to attract customers.
Step 3: Analyze if the business firm can re-use an existing mobile technology or develop one of its own.
Step 4: Develop a solution and advertise in the right media to get maximum attention from customers.
There are many advantages business firms see in using mobile for customer engagement process:
- Increased Profit: If a brand or company can offer their goods online as well, customers will be happy, and satisfied. Additional online transactions can result in higher profit.
- Increased Brand Loyalty: Customers will be brand loyal if their experience with their online purchases have been satisfying.
- Increased Sales: The customers tend to analyze and compare with similar products available in the market. Hence, tend to buy more items based on their affordability, feasibility and availability. This results in increased sales.
- Increased Referrals: The introduction of referral bonus and discounts is an attractive incentive and many users start referring their friends to buy items from the company’s mobile app solution. This is an easy way of advertising the mobile technology solution and thus have more users, sales and profit in return.
Mobile solutions can transform Customer Engagement Process
Mobile solutions are winning over the hearts of customers and enhancing the customer engagement process in many ways. These solutions are basically build over six main strategies:
- Focus: Since the mobile apps focus on the core mission, which is customer engagement and satisfaction, successful mobile solutions makes the firm a better retailer.
- Practical Solutions: Mobile solutions pave way for faster, easier and more compelling customer engagement. The customers tend to rate the product or service provided to them, leave their feedback which in turn improves the service. In case of any issue, the business firms have an option to give technical support to customers through live chat.
- Strategic Thinking: Even if an issue of a customer may not be resolved, they definitely provide a strategic plan, which earns them the trust of the customers.
- Compatible: These mobile solutions are very compatible, user-friendly, easy to develop, install and access. Hence, encourages lot of users to rely on the mobile solutions for end to end operations, write reviews and make decisions.
- Confidentiality & Security: Any data used by the customer is sensitive. The data is restricted only to the user’s login and hence they are safely secured. For online payments, the mobile solutions usually tie up with payment gateways such as Paypal that assures confidentiality and safety.
Following such strategies, customers can benefit from mobile apps and solutions. This is how mobility impacts customer engagement process.