SEO Improvement features in Magento 2.0
The basics of Magento in SEO
Magento is extremely powerful in terms of SEO as it is a pioneer among the various ecommerce tools available in the market. Magento has already provided some special features for SEO when it comes to e-commerce websites and it is loaded by some advanced SEO features which are very easy to update and configure. There has been a buzz in the concerned industry with the advent of the advanced Magento 2.0 that provides better and unique features to boost SEO.
Magento 2.0- a new digital revolution in SEO
Magento 2.0 is the open source ecommerce platform for the future that offers a new window to empower brands across various B2C and B2B industries to swiftly and cost effectively deliver omni-channel shopping experiences. Magento 2.0 promises enhanced performance and scalability. The new features are set to bring revolution in the SEO domain with more improved features that boost conversion rates. Magento 2.0 provides a flexible and innovative platform to the global ecosystem of partners and developers. The two new products of this platform are Magento Enterprise Edition 2.0 and Magento Community Edition 2.0. Magento 2.0 has been supercharged to offer more than 50% of faster page load and improved conversion rates.
The improved SEO features in Magento 2.0:
Along with the default configuration in Magento 1, there are a few improvements in the latest release Magento 2.0, which include:
- Magento 2.0 has the option to protect the same URL format for category pages while using filtering options. This feature was absent in Magento 1.x.
- Some of the new features like the XML sitemaps improvements have been integrated in Magento 2.0. The XML sitemap in Magento 2.0 can be automatically added to the robot.txt file.
- With Magento 2.0, it is possible to set priority and frequency for each of the pages, like the products, categories and CMS pages.
- Rich snippets is one of the major enhancements in Magento 2.0 SEO features which is available by default installation, without using any third party extensions. With this feature, the data for product pages are more structured and one can find better visibility in the search engine result page for major search engines like Google.
- Magento 2.0 also gives another improved feature where it is possible to edit the Robot.txt file right in the admin section, under stores> General> Design
- org has been added to Magento 2’s default template.
- Another advanced feature in Magento 2.0, along with Google analytics tracking, ecommerce tracking and AdWords, is that now Google tag manager can also be added to the enterprise edition.
- Last but not the least; it is easy to add product labels without any third party extension.