Supercharge Salesforce potential with Heroku Enterprise
Today, an app is a must-have for every company. A core part of the Salesforce App Cloud, Heroku Enterprise allows companies to build and deploy outstanding apps swiftly. Armed with an intuitive interface for the developers, you can construct apps in desired language and tools with Heroku Enterprise. Perched on the cloud, it is cemented with strong security walls. You can control how the app runs and also link them to the cloud services and corporate network. The platform provides the development team a package of tools (including 150 pre-integrated add-ons) avoiding the need to start from scratch. What sets Heroku Enterprise apart from the other app-development platforms is the distraction-free environment: Heroku takes care of tasks ranging from managing, scaling, deploying to securing your app allowing you to solely attend to the goal of building out-of-the-box apps. You can build the apps in modern languages (Ruby, Python, Node.js, Java and others) which can then be deployed in a short time. The apps are linked to Salesforce’s data model cushioned in the network trust boundary.
Heroku Enterprise Dev Starter package was introduced in early May. It is designed to assist in the development of personalized apps. This package comes with Heroku Add-ons, Heroku Connect and Heroku Dynos. The client will also have access to 24×7 mail assistance and an automated app-monitoring.
What does Heroku Enterprise Dev Starter have in store for you? Here are 4 ideas to make the most of it!
Integrate Heroku Enterprise with Salesforce apps:
Customize your app experience and make it more interactive by bringing together your Heroku Enterprise apps and the Salesforce systems of record:
- Heroku Connect integrates the data on your Postgres database with the accounts and custom objects of Salesforce database. There is no need for complicated configuration or coding to get the sync between Salesforce and Heroku Postrgres.
- With just a point and click configuration, you can incorporate any data on Heroku Postgres into Salesforce using Heroku External Objects.
- Once the Salesforce data is integrated in Heroku Postgres, you can use the features of both Heroku platforms and Force.com. Native connection to Postgres and directly to Salesforce (through Heroku Connect) is possible for applications built on standard open stacks like Python, Rails and Node.js.
- Innovation Lab for your Enterprise:
Eliminate any distractions and let your developers focus on the primary goal of building user-oriented and intuitive application. With Heroku Enterprise, experiment with new architectures and modes of engagement across web, IoT and mobile apps. The elastic runtime platform packs load balancing, logging, orchestration, security and other features which can be applied to your apps, which are present in smart containers. Business insights can also be extracted via Heroku Data Services which have the largest swarm of Postgres under management.
- Heroku Private Spaces:
You can avail the privacy and security of private cloud with Heroku Private Spaces. Private Space is a group of apps and data services independent of the network within a dedicated runtime environment. These private spaces are stocked in the geographical region your enterprise specifies. You can safely connect Heroku apps to the on-premise systems of corporate network and cloud services (like Salesforce).
- With private space, you can organize all components of your architecture in one place. Here, your confidential information and transactions can be contained securely.
- New forms of app architectures can also be formed using forceful new primitives. Your app operates in smart containers which is linked to a private network allowing communication between the parts. Modular services can be used to form refined app architectures within the Private Space.
- Every private space has a runtime dedicated to your Heroku apps. This ensures that all your apps, including the high-traffic ones supply low-latency performance to each user. The latency can be reduced more by specifying the geographical region and thus, bringing the Heroku apps/services closer to users.
- Heroku Flow:
Developers can coordinate with teams of partners, contractors and developers through shared application portfolios. A consistent delivery pipeline is also ensured through Heroku Flow where developers can build and review the apps with strong consolidation into the GitHub repository.
- Heroku Pipelines, GitHub Integration and Review Apps are drawn together in Heroku Flow. This creates a structured work-flow for regular delivery allowing early testing and app deployment.
- Complete visualization of code delivery permits you to know the position of a feature in the production pipeline (via Pipelines overview on the Dashboard).
Have you explored the Heroku Enterprise Dev Starter? Leave your comments with us.
To know more about Suyati’s expertise in Salesforce, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.