With around 26% market share and a whopping 5000+ apps and add-ons, Magento undoubtedly is the most popular CMS for e-commerce.
We already know Magento is a preferred e-commerce platform because:
- it allows uploading unlimited products
- permits to add a blog that can help with SEO
- has easy to use interface
- is scalable
- allows customization
- offers thousands of extensions and themes to choose
The level of device-integration and performance of a mobile app may not be as perfect as the native app, but having a native app is not a necessity when mobile web and responsive e-commerce platforms like Magento, can offer an experience that is more than adequate for a reasonable budget. Besides, majority of e-commerce shoppers are happy to shop on the web than install a native application.
Optimizing the web experience and having responsive design and HTML5 has made the mobile web a viable solution for building interactive web pages that support devices of all size.
It is for a reason that global brands like Samsung, Fort, Fox Connect, Lenovo, Olympus, Men’s Health, Nestle Nespresso and Nike to name a few, vouch for Magento as their e-commerce platform. Besides, there are small and mid-size e-commerce companies using this open source CRM.
The reason behind Magento’s success
One of the reasons why Magento is a market leader among the e-commerce platforms is because they constantly enhance their features and redesign underlying framework in the newer versions.
Magento 2 includes powerful new features to significantly increase sales and productivity, including content staging and preview, new PayPal features, and innovative site search technology. A new visual layout editor, change in core methods like database structures and functionality, improvement in the deployment configuration, the indexing process and caching factors are all part of the improved Magento 2 software.
- The new version has integrated varnish page caching that allows fast and efficient way to serve content. Full page caching quickens site performance, thereby reducing the number of database queries.
- The 2-step checkout method is easy and satisfying for customers as they can complete their purchase just by typing in their phone number or e-mail address. This definitely leads to more conversions.
- For easier PCI compliance due to tighter integration with payment gateways such as Paypal, Braintree and Authorize.net, the new version of Magento is entirely re-designed. The modern architecture allows the functionality provided by the newer version to make upgrades faster.
- Magento 2 offers optimized table performance to reduce database locking. This enables faster transactions under heavy traffic.
- As fewer JS Libraries are required to load, the site speed has gone up.
- By implementing quick order page, Magento 2 allows multiple shipping location and ERP accommodation.
- Enhanced Luma & Blank theme allows better performance and be fully responsive to fit desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- As an alternate sales channel, allowing push notification can play a major role in your sales conversion and user engagement.
- It is easier for the developers to code faster with dependency injection and interception using plugins as new additions to Magento 2 framework.
- By providing APIs or by building service contracts into the Magento 2 framework, everything can be of potential service to other applications.
- Allows developers and integration partners the ability to write their own tests so that the community’s code can be as tidy as the core.
Better user experience, better loading speed, smooth navigation, great features, push notifications, native look and feel, all put together makes Magento 2 the most preferred e-commerce development software in the world.