This year’s Dreamforce is going to be a wonderful treat for all Salesforce enthusiasts. Sessions at Dreamforce 2014 is more, big and hands-on driven this year.
Broadly, the sessions can be arranged under the following categories.
** Please note: Category Names are not exactly Dreamforce terms. These are ours!
- Big Daddy Sessions
- Breakout Sessions
- Training Sessions
- Product Sessions
Big Daddy Sessions
Big Daddy Sessions are typically focused on executives, partners, entrepreneurs and customers. Some of this year’s most interesting and do not miss sessions fall into this category.
- Special Guest Speaker Hillary Rodham Clinton, Former Secretary of State and Former U.S. Senator from New York – 14 Oct 2014 (09:00 am to 10:30 am)
- Keynote with Marc Benioff and Special Guests – 14 Oct 2014 (01:30pm to 03:30pm)
- Keynote Session – 16 Oct 2014 (10:00 am to 01:00pm)
- Marc Benioff & Parker Harris Q&A Session – 16 Oct 2014 (01:30pm – 02:30pm)
Breakout sessions target Salesforce developers, administrators, consultants, architects and product management teams to get a thorough understanding on existing and advanced features/functionalities. This year, more stress is real hands-on breakout sessions which would give the spectators a real flavor of the effort that goes into building your logic. Also, the spectators would also have a glimpse into the possible errors and issues that could arise while working on a feature.
It would be very difficult to summarize all the wonderful sessions here because every breakout session is the best. The breakout sessions mainly happens at what Dreamforce calls it as “DevZone”. The people who take these sessions are some of the best in Salesforce cloud computing world and they range from CTO’s of Salesforce ISV’s, Elite Developers and Evangelists, Product Managers who have their product build on a specific Salesforce feature that is generating huge revenue, Directors of Product Management teams at Salesforce Inc. You can browse through the multitude of breakout sessions with respect to roles, products, industries and themes at the session webpage at Dreamforce site.
Breakout Session schedule will be:
- 13 Oct 2014 – 09:00 am to 06:30 pm
- 14 Oct 2014 – 09:00 am to 06:00 pm
- 15 Oct 2014 – 09:00 am to 06:00 pm
- 16 Oct 2014 – 08:30 am to 02:00 pm
Training Sessions are focused towards getting you certified in Salesforce technology. As you all know, different tracks for certification (i.e., DEV, ADM, CON, Architect) are available as your options. You can get trained on the spot, write the examination on the spot and come back home with a certification in hand. You need to make sure that you have some kind of experience on Salesforce cloud before you register for the training sessions. Wonderful Salesforce experts and trainers conduct the training sessions. You will always cherish the amount of knowledge that you gain from these sessions. Registration fees for training sessions and exams are separate. Hurry up before the slots close.
The list of training sessions can be found on the training webpage at Dreamforce site.
Training Session Schedule will be:
- Two-Day Courses on Salesforce Administration track (newbie & experienced)
- One-Day Course on Certification (separate sessions for Admin, Dev and Consultant)
REGISTER FOR ONE OF SEVEN CERTIFICATIONS:
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator ($99)
- Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator* ($99)
- Salesforce.com Certified Sales Cloud Consultant* ($99)
- Salesforce.com Certified Service Cloud Consultant* ($99)
- Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer ($99)
- Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Advanced Developer† ($199)
- Salesforce.com Certified Technical Architect – Multiple Choice∧ ($199)
Certification exams are offered:
- Sunday October 12 at the Hilton Union Square (333 O’Farrell Street); exact start time is to be determined, but will likely be in the evening following pre-conference training.
- October 13 – 16 at the Salesforce.com office (50 Fremont Street). Attendees who register for this option will select their exam date and time using the agenda builder when it becomes available.
Product Sessions are kind of a real deep dive into a Salesforce feature like Chatter, Salesforce Identity, Salesforce 1, etc. Special team of Product Managers, Principal Architects and Senior Developers host these sessions. They would talk about the existing functionalities available in the concerned product and would demo the upcoming upgrades/refinements that their teams are bringing in their product roadmaps. These sessions would be really beneficial for executives who want to evaluate a particular salesforce product and decide on incorporating this into their enterprise. It is also important for consultants who would like to update their knowledge on this product so that they can propose better solutions to their customers. Of course, it is equally beneficial to developers who would be curious to know more.
A long list of sessions on the following Salesforce products would be showcased at Dreamforce this year.
- ExactTarget Marketing Cloud
- Premier Success
- Sales Cloud
- Salesforce 1 Mobile
- Salesforce Chatter
- Salesforce Communities
- Salesforce Identity
- Salesforce Sandbox
- Salesforce1 Mobile
- Salesforce1 Platform
- Service Cloud
Keep in mind that the full list of sessions is mind blowing and you have to wisely choose the sessions of your interest. Agenda Builder is an app that is used for planning your sessions at Dreamforce and this app will soon be published by Salesforce sometime in the 1st or 2nd week of September 2014. Use the app to ensure that you will return back home with 100% satisfaction that your plans worked out really well at Dreamforce this year.
Let’s Rock!! And wish you the very best at Dreamforce 2014!