Let’s go back a bit to 2016 when Salesforce purchased Quip for $750 million. For a while it remained a standalone product till Salesforce announced that it was embedding Quip directly into its sales as well as customer service clouds. Quip is a collaboration tool that comes with a built-in office suite functionality. This suite includes features such as word processors, spreadsheet as well as presentation software. It enables teams to collaborate with the help of a rich set of documents. Quip for Salesforce is now embedding that kind of functionality at the platform level. On the Sales or Service Cloud interface, Quip appears as a tab. By introducing productivity directly into the context of business workflows, both sales as well as customer support teams can now collaborate in several new ways. This gives them the benefit of being better aligned and increasing their efficiency, providing for a seamless customer experience.
How does it benefit Salesforce users?
There are several benefits of Quip for Salesforce users:
Faster collaboration are now enabled with live data, workflows etc., that are now channelled directly into slides, sheets as well as documents. This brings down the number of meetings and correspondence needed to get the team on the same page. It is a way to combine a team’s work and communication in a central place that is accessible to all from every device. Documents, slides and live apps are the basis of it all. Here are the benefits of each elements
One place for all your team’s work
- Makes it easy for the team to stay organized and the work flow constant. All critical data will be available to all, at any working point. The entire team can write, discuss and act on, all of which can be done in a single document.
- Enables the telling of a complete campaign with the inclusion of spreadsheets, tasks, live apps and more, all embedded in a single document.
- Conversation threads are maintained in a single place, at relevant points. These may be linked to the project at various levels. Push notifications allows one to be connected and updated at all times.
- Helps manage projects and their visibility better, with no compromise on security. Accessibility to folders and files can be assigned.
- Build slides collaboratively, with a real time chat facility and co-editing abilities. Comments may be pinned in a slide and all feedback loops easily visible, in contrast to being lost in email correspondence.
- Updated files may be showcased at any required time from spreadsheets and other systems connected via Quip.
- Gathering feedback has become easier with interactive prompts in the slides gathering feedback from audience and directing it back at the team.
- Analytics measures the impact of the slides and the presentation within the team, across the hierarchy, giving you the upper hand.
- Access and work on your documents whether you are online or not. Any data updated, will be merged when you get back online.
- Team based content can be reviewed and updated in real time, where each team member may be addressed directly with @mentions.
- Merge documents and spreadsheets to be able to tell one cohesive story.
- Anything updated in Salesforce is automatically updated in Quip as well.
- With these you can give direct visibility to your team into every aspect of your business. Live Salesforce records can be added directly to a Quip document.
- With Quip’s extensible API you can create Live Apps that fit well into the system of working that your team has developed.
- All other apps critical to your functioning, such as Box, LucidHeart, DropBox etc. can be integrated directly into your documents and slides.
Know more: Salesforce acquires Quip
In terms of organizations that can benefit from having Quip, it covers the entire gamut, from banks to tech companies and a range of Fortune 100 companies. When you look at Salesforce and Quip, you see that Salesforce is a system of record for structured business data whereas Quip is the system of action for unstructured data. Bringing the two together has placed productivity directly in the context of Salesforce. This helps sales and service teams close deals with customers and ensure their satisfaction.
Implementing Quip is simple and can be done in multiple ways. If you are a Salesforce and Quip Admin, simply add the Quip Document Lightning Component to an object. The instructions are easily available and self-explanatory. If your organization does not have Quip yet or hasn’t connected it to Salesforce, it is simpler to begin a free a trial and then integrate Quip with Salesforce. You can also get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with integration.